HTML/CSS frameworks are pre-prepared libraries that are meant to allow for easier, more standards-compliant styling of web pages using the Cascading Style Sheets language. It has grown in popularity recently, a good CSS Framework can help developers rapidly speed up our development time. A well-built CSS framework or boilerplate can streamline the design process, save huge chunks of development time and ensure your website scales properly on all devices. Here’s a collection of very powerful responsive HTML and CSS frameworks which can help you to reduce your task flow and code less:
With HTML5 support coming so fast, with the tiniest of hacks we are able to use it today in virtually al browsers. Using HTML5 makes for much cleaner mark up. This framework fully uses all the great advantages of HTML5. Features:
- CSS3 gradients, multiple shadows, and other amazing properties with IE support when there was any.
- CSS3 selectors with support for IE thanks to selectivizr
- New and improved HTML5 video support with vimeo like skin
- Improvements to the Grid Framework, the CSS framework and more
- More demo pages giving you quick access to the features you want
- New Canvas with support for IE
- A Mobile Page in Pure HTML5
- Blog and Blog Article pages based on the Framework!
- and many other little tweaks and improvements
- 960 Grid System
960 Grid System is an effort to streamline web development workflow by providing commonly used dimensions, based on a width of 960 pixels. There are two variants: 12 and 16 columns, which can be used separately or in tandem.
Blueprint is a CSS framework, which aims to cut down on your development time. It gives you a solid foundation to build your project on top of, with an easy-to-use grid, sensible typography, useful plugins, and even a stylesheet for printing.
- BlueTrip CSS Framework
A full featured and beautiful CSS framework which originally combined the best of Blueprint, it gives you a sensible set of styles and a common way to build a website so that you can skip past the grunt work and get right to designing.
Bootstrap makes front-end web development faster and easier. It’s made for folks of all skill levels, devices of all shapes, and projects of all sizes.
The Columnal CSS grid system is a “remix” of a couple others with some custom code thrown in. Columnal is an elastic grid, while some code inspiration (and the idea for subcolumns) are taken from 960.gs. Features:
- Built-in debugging CSS to show the structure of any pages being built
- Sub-columns (columns within columns) for more layout options
- Prefix and suffix for extra space within a column before or after content
- Vertical spacing CSS classes
- PDF of grid system for sketching out site before building
- Wireframing templates
- Elastic CSS Framework
Elastic CSS Framework is a simple css framework to layout web-based interfaces, based on the printed layout techniques of 4 columns but with capabilities to unlimited column combinations. and capacity to make elastic, fixed and liquid layout easily.
Elements is a down to earth CSS framework. It was built to help designers write CSS faster and more efficient. Elements goes beyond being just a framework, it’s its own project workflow.It has everything you need to complete your project, which makes you and your clients happy.
- Fluid 960 Grid System
The Fluid 960 Grid System …